Crooked Eye Tommy has a unique sound. Artists that influence the sound of Crooked Eye Tommy would include Steepwater, Gov’t Mule. Kenny Neal, My Morning Jacket, Robert Cray, The Allman Brothers Band and many more.
- 4 Time Ventura County Music Award Winner
Best Blues Band 2013,Best Male Vocalist 2014,Best Blues Band 2015,Best Blues Band 2016
- Semi Finalist at the 2014 International Blues Challenge
- “Butterflies & Snakes” nominated In Best Self-Produced CD’ Category, 2016 International Blues Challenge
Riding National Radio Charts, Receiving Great Reviews From California To Croatia!
Charting 35 times since its release August 2015 on the National Roots Music Report
Butterflies & Snakes has been universally praised:
Crooked Eye Tommy has done good work with Butterflies & Snakes, and their modern take on the blues is fresh and original. Their songwriting and musicianship are solid, and they will definitely have staying power –
Blues Blast Magazine
Marsh’s slide guitar as venomous as a rattlesnake bite, “Crooked Eye Tommy” boils up from somewhere deep in the backwoods of Texas. –
Tahoe On Stage
Right off the bat, “Crooked Eye Tommy,” the first track had me in goosebumps. The sliding guitar sound and driving beat will have you playing this one over and over. –
National Blues Review
“Slinky slide guitars, arpeggio riffs, spot-on vocal harmonies…terrific introduction to a band ready to break out of Southern California and bring their brand of Blues and Roots music to the masses”
Slick, luscious, and dripping with talent, the 11-track album easily captures the essence of modern day blues, –
Live Music News & Reviews
Marsh brothers are both fine guitar players, as heard when Tommy plays the slide on the opening number ‘Crooked Eye Tommy’, while brother Paddy shows good range and a touch of soulfulness on the snaky blues ‘Come On In’
Crooked Eye Tommy has had the amazing pleasure to play at these wonderful festivals.
* VENTURA COUNTY BLUES FESTIVAL 2014,2015 * OJAI BLUES FESTIVAL* WOODYSTOCK FESTIVAL
* SINGING THE BLUES FESTIVAL* CALIFORNIA AVOCADO FESTIVAL 2015, 2016*
*ST ROSE OF LIMA STREET FESTIVAL 2014, 2015 , 2016 * NEW BLUES FESTIVAL LONG BEACH 2015*
ADELANTO NEW MUSIC FESTIVAL * TASTE OF OJAI * SPRING FEST LOMPOC CA*
* OJAI ART CENTER CONCERT SERIES 2013, 2014. 2015, 2016 *
VENTURA COUNTY BLUES SOCIETY SUMMER CONCERT SERIES *
We have travelled around a great deal and played in these fine venues
* Poor House Bistro San Jose * Fox Club Redwood City Ca * Rum Boogie Café Memphis * Smoking Pig Fremont Ca * The Arcadia Blues Club Arcadia Ca * The Birk, Birkenfeld Or * Duff’s Garage Portland Or * The Cosmic Eugene Or * The Bombay Ventura ca * Otter Rock Café Morro Bay Ca * Bullfrogs Central Ca * The Pour House Paso Robles Ca * The Flying Saucer Memphis Tn * The Canyon Club Agoura Ca * The Rose Pasadena Ca * Figueroa Mtn Brewery Santa Barbara Ca * The Tackle Box Chico Ca * Topa Mountain Winery Ojai Ca * The Deer Lodge Ojai Ca * Discovery Ventura * The Pyrenees Bakersfield * SoHo Santa Barbara Ca and many more.
We have had the huge pleasure of performing at events with and in support of
Robert Cray, Chris Cain, Rick Estrin & The Nightcats, Alastair Greene, The Marshall Tucker Band, Karen Lovely, George Thorougood, Johnny Rivers, Savoy Brown, John Nemeth, Lisa Mann, Coco Montoya, B.B. Chung King, Trampled Under Foot, Tab Benoit, Teresa James, Rae Gordon, The Delgado Brothers, Tommy Castro and The Painkillers, Sugar Ray Rayford, Sista Monica Parker, Kenny Neal, Mitch Woods, Ron Thompson, Deana Bogart and many more.